What a rich and hearty recipe!! This beef stew makes a perfect for a midweek dinner. Definitely a keeper!!
YOU’LL NEED :
– 2 tbsps of olive oil
– 2 pounds of cubed beef stew meat
– 2 tbsps of all-purpose flour
– 4 cups of water
– 2 cups of beef broth
– ½ tsp of salt
– ½ tsp of ground black pepper
– 4 cups of cubed potatoes
– 2 cups of chopped carrots
– 1 tsp rosemary, dried
– 1 cup fresh corn kernels
– 1 cup fresh green beans, (preferably cut into 1” pieces)
– Optional; 1 cup of turnip, chopped
– Optional; 2 cups of fresh tomatoes, chopped
- Heat in a large pot the oil and stir in the beef and flour until browned.
- Once browned, pour in the water and broth and season with salt and pepper then bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Mix in the potatoes, carrots, and rosemary and simmer for 1 to 2 more hours.
- Mix in the corn, green beans, and simmer for 30 minutes.