Extremely delicious and easy !! Plus, you only need a few simple ingredients to enjoy this fabulous pie !! Definitely a keeper !!
– Fresh strawberries: 5 cups (sliced in half)
– Sugar: 1/2 cup
– Starch: 1 tsp.
– Salt: 1 tsp.
– Milk: 1 glass
– White flour: 1 cup
– Salt: 1 tsp.
– Sugar: 1/4 cup
– Unsalted butter: 1 cup (cut into suitable pieces)
– Coldwater: 1/2 cup
– Vegetable oil
– Vanilla: 1 little (optional)
– Egg yolks: 2 (large)
1. To prepare strawberry pie dough, add salt, sugar, vanilla, and unsalted butter to the flour. Then gradually add vegetable oil and cold water until a soft and cohesive dough is made.
2. You’ll want to add egg yolks separately, kneading again until the dough becomes firm.
3. The dough should be placed in the refrigerator until ready to knead and easy to spread.
4. Make sure to take the dough out of the refrigerator. And please allow it to cool slightly( Because if too cold until it will become elastic.)
5. Once done, roll the pie dough in an oven tray and press it well to have a suitable diameter of not more than 10 inches. Afterward, remove the excess edges of the dough. Immediately cover with a plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator again to cool for about 5 minutes.
6. Okay now, you can make another bowl and place the sliced strawberries, starch, sugar, and a pinch of salt, while stirring these ingredients well.
7. To finish, place Strawberries on the surface of the pie dough, with attention to decorating the edges with a stick.